Friday, July 5, 2013

Salt & Straw Ice Cream Frenzy


Up the street from us is the locally famous gourmet ice cream shop, Salt & Straw. Since it opened earlier this year, I have watched the never-ending line out the door and around the block as I walk past. Portland people are going crazy for Salt & Straw! Even though it's local, this is a "destination" ice cream shop - people from all over the Portland area come to brave the line to get a taste.


I've only braved the long line one time with visiting friends. This is the list of flavors which changes seasonally. The staff cheerfully passes out samples for you to try before ordering. The ice cream IS good - full-fat, flavorful, creamy, and rich. Between the calories I don't need and the wait in line (it took us 45 minutes!) I won't be visiting often.

The good news is that a new location for Salt & Straw just opened up in Southeast Portland. That will help shorten our Northwest lines.


No comments:

Post a Comment